Monday, February 11, 2013

Review of Dare to Love by Rosemarie Naramore

Welcome to a month of Lust and Love!!
I will be sharing a variety of books with you all surrounding the theme of lust, love and all that lies between. I will have some sweet romances, some childrens love books, and of course plenty of After Dark Steam for all different tastes! Hope you will all stop in and join me!

 
 
Synopsis: "It isn’t easy being the sheriff’s daughter. When Laura Tyler is pulled over for speeding for the third time in as many months, her father gives her an ultimatum: join the station’s explorers’ club, or lose her car for the summer. She just can’t be without her car, and joins the club, despite the fact that she has zero interest in law enforcement. She does, however, develop an interest in fellow Explorer Scout, Dare, who it happens was her arresting … adolescent.

Does Dare have feelings for her too? Or, has another explorer caught his eye?"


My Review: This was a emotion and drama filled book. After reading so many adult romances it was kind of refreshing to have the innocence of a Young Adult romance. It was interesting to watch Laura mature with a little support and guidance from Dare. I loved reading about her mending relationship with her father. Of course you can't have a teen romance without the drama of the 'other girl' and the jealousy that comes with her. A great book about facing your fears, letting go of grief and taking responsibility. It was a sweet little romance wrapped in an interesting tale.
 
My Rating: I enjoyed this book but it wasn't at the top of my list, I guess it didn't strike me as a straight up romance, more of a coming of age/finding ones self book with a touch of a crush. I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds cute. And I like coming of age stories better than romance sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, sometimes I just can't stand teen romance. Be forewarned even though it seems more of a coming of age, there is romance and the drama that goes with it.

      Delete