Tuesday, February 12, 2013

After Dark Review of Candy Store by Belle Andre

Welcome to a month of Lust and Love!!
I will be sharing a variety of books with you all surrounding the theme of lust, love and all that lies between. I will have some sweet romances, some childrens love books, and of course plenty of After Dark Steam for all different tastes! Hope you will all stop in and join me!
I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
 
Synopsis: "On the verge of losing her candy store, Callie Moore decides to blot out her troubles with a tall, dark, handsome stranger. Tobey Danville isn't about to turn down a cute, curvy blonde who offers sizzling-hot sex in a commercial refrigerator at his best friend's wedding reception. But the next day, when Callie discovers that Tobey is the consultant she has hired to save her store, they find it difficult to concentrate on business. Especially when giving and getting pleasure in each other's arms is so much more fun."

My Review: Well this one fell a little flat for me. It really felt like the story was just there to fill the space between the steamy scenes. I think there was a lot of potential in the story, it just needed more time to develop. I did really like the characters and loved the idea of candy business and consulting business coming together to create an amazing business and a great relationship. That said the steamy scenes were very steamy, a little against health codes but steamy.
 
 
My Rating: Unfortunately Candy Store just didn't stand up to my hopes. I give it a rating of One Paw.

No comments:

Post a Comment