Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Review of Florence by Ciye Cho




Synopsis: "Seventeen-year-old Florence Waverley is out of her depth. Literally. Kidnapped and taken below the waves to the mer world of Niemela, she is the ultimate gift for merman Prince Kiren: a human familiar tied to his side. But nothing is what it seems amid the beauty and danger of a dark ocean.

Every Niemelan has a role to play, from the mermaids who weave towers out of kelp to the warriors who fight sea monsters. But in trying to survive, Florence will end up in the middle of a war between the mer and the Darkness. A conflict that will push her between two brothers: Kiren, the charmer inexplicably drawn to both her and the monsters; and Rolan, the loner who has been pushing her away since the day they met. But in order to take a stand--and find out where she belongs--Florence will have to risk it all: her life, her heart... and her very soul."


My Review: Wow! A fantastic mermaid fantasy romance! The characters were all fantastic, I was rooting for all of them. The love triangle was done fantastically too. Even the world building was integrated beautifully into the story so it didn't feel like you were reading a straight up description. It picked up so much steam and the pages were turning so quickly I was a little sad when I came to the end of the book. I hope that there will be another one following because I feel like there is so much more of a story to tell.
 
 
My Rating: This was a breath of fresh air for me, I thoroughly enjoyed Florence.  Clean, well written love triangle, filled with fantasy. I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!
 
 
 
Florence was sent to me by the author for review.
 
You can find out more about Florence on the Florence Waverly Website or on Goodreads.
 
You can also get your own paperback or ebook on Amazon or an ebook on Barnes and Noble.


No comments:

Post a Comment