Monday, December 17, 2012

Advent Stories Day 17: A Bad Kitty Christmas

Welcome to the Advent Story event I am having here on Eastern Sunset Reads this Christmas season.
Every family has their own personal Holiday traditions, and many of them include those advent calendars that have the little chocolates or toys behind each door as you count to Christmas Day. Well in my family we had a Advent Candle instead. Each night we would light the candle and as it burned that day away we would read a special Christmas story or poem. So I decided to bring that tradition to all of you.
Most of the books will be Children's books as I share this tradition with Munchkin for the first time, but I will also have some After Dark specials and maybe a few fiction, romance and young adult books too as time allows. I will also feature a favorite Christmas song each day. So please join me and share some of your favorite traditions, songs and stories this holiday season!
 





Synopsis: "A HILARIOUS NEW HOLIDAY PICTURE BOOK ABOUT EVERYONE'S FAVORITE NAUGHTY FELINE



"Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the city, not a creature was stirring...Except for BAD KITTY."



A greedy Bad Kitty didn't get all the presents she wanted for Christmas, but after she goes on a Christmas caper across town and through multiple alphabets, she makes a new friend, finds an old friend, and learns the true meaning of Christmas. Or not. Nick Bruel's first picture book about Bad Kitty since the uproarious Poor Puppy in 2007 is full of rhyming mayhem... and Christmas cheer."


My Review: This one was much too advanced for my little Munchkin, it took 3 nights to read, but it would be great for a Kindergarten aged kid. Honestly I am even going to have to look up how to pronounce some of the things kitty wants for Christmas. There is a bunch of alphabet words to learn from and a couple different morals of the story. A great story, once your little one is old enough for it.
 
 
My Rating: Like I said it was definitely too advanced for my Munchkin but I think in a few years he will love it. I give it a rating of Three Paws.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment