Thursday, November 8, 2012

Music Speaks Read-Along #3 - Solo


 

Throughout November I will be doing a read along of Music Speaks an anthology of stories with music. I hope you will all participate.  Music, like books, can affect us in so many ways it only makes sense to have a book of music stories. I will be doing 2 stories a week, the first of which will be on Thursday. 

You can get your copy in ebook format on Amazon for $2.99 or in paperback format on Amazon for $6.99.  Sorry but its not on Barnes and Noble (I should have told you all to get it earlier because I downloaded it when it was free).

So please join me, if you aren't going to be reading along I would still love if you would stop by, I would love to hear how particular songs or artist have made an impact in your life!


Welcome to the third read-along of the month! The third short story in the book is call Solo and is written by David Antrobus.


In Solo we hear about a guitar player in a rock band and how he ended up alone.  He let the fame of being a rock star go to his head.  He began to believe he was the sole reason for the fans and that his fellow band mates would be lost without him.  He became so obsessed with his playing and his role that he didn't see the band members start to break off and leave him until it was just him, alone, no band, singers or even fans.

We can all get so into some portion of our lives we may temporarily let it run us. We may forget to make time for our friends or family.

So what is your weakness? What sucks you in so much you forget all else?


I am definitely guilty of letting my hobbies take over some times.  I have gotten so into my crafts that I forget almost all else.  But the real culprit is usually my reading.  I get so involved with books I often forget to even feed myself, granted now I have to make sure I don't loose myself that much since I have Munchkin relying on me.


Join me on Monday for our next story Heavy Metal Lovesong!

No comments:

Post a Comment