Monday, November 5, 2012

Music Speaks Read-Along #2 - The Heart Never Forgets


 

Throughout November I will be doing a read along of Music Speaks an anthology of stories with music. I hope you will all participate.  Music, like books, can affect us in so many ways it only makes sense to have a book of music stories. I will be doing 2 stories a week, the first of which will be on Thursday. 

You can get your copy in ebook format on Amazon for $2.99 or in paperback format on Amazon for $6.99.  Sorry but its not on Barnes and Noble (I should have told you all to get it earlier because I downloaded it when it was free).

So please join me, if you aren't going to be reading along I would still love if you would stop by, I would love to hear how particular songs or artist have made an impact in your life!


Welcome to the second readalong of the month! The second short story in the book is call The Heart Never Forgets and is written by Ann Cathey.

In this story we follow Kimberly Dean as she discovers her crush as a teenager is a famous singer who is performing at a function she is organizing.  She can't help herself from trying to see him one more time, and attends his concert.  A song catches her ear as he sings about the love that got away, the one he wishes he could go home to.  Kimberly approaches him after the show to see if he remembers her and they are able to reconnect and finally confess their feelings for each other back then and still now.


Wouldn't be nice if everyone got to reconnect with the one that got away like that? To find out the one you loved before and still do is still available and loves you as much?!


So fess up! What would you say to your teenage crush or what would happen if you ran into each other again?


This story really couldn't have come at a better time for me! My mom and I were actually talking about my high school crush after she had recently seen him (she still lives in my tiny hometown and sees most of my classmates regularly).  Now back in high school he was the best looking guy in our school, smart, and good at everything he did!  My mom's one comment to me was that my hubby is soooo much better looking LOL! Yup I guess according to her, time hasn't been as good to him.

Anywho, if we did run into each other, which will probably happen eventually, since we are both married with kids will probably result in just simple introductions and maybe a tiny bit of looking back but we didn't talk much in school so probably wouldn't have much to talk about all these years later.



Join me on Thursday for our next story Solo.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, that would probably be the same for me if I ran into my teenage crush. I homeschooled from 8th grade on, so I generally don't recognize my former schoolmates. I've run into a couple that recognized me and it was basically small talk. :P

    ReplyDelete