Wednesday, September 26, 2012

After Dark Review of Kiss the Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton

 
I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 

 
Synopsis: "When a fifteen-year-old girl is abducted by vampires, it’s up to U.S. Marshal Anita Blake to find her. And when she does, she’s faced with something she’s never seen before: a terrifyingly ordinary group of people—kids, grandparents, soccer moms—all recently turned and willing to die to avoid serving a master. And where there’s one martyr, there will be more…

But even vampires have monsters that they’re afraid of. And Anita is one of them…"



My Review: I love that Hamilton is bringing back the original Anita Blake that I fell in love with! Its great to see the books getting back to the original Executioner Anita as opposed to the overly sexed and emotionally drained Anita! In this one while we still get some time with Anita's lovers (and of course some of my favorites, Micah and Nathaniel), we don't spend all our time in the bedroom (or other random places) but get back to the business of being a US Marshal and hunting down bad vampires. There is a little drama with the lovers but Anita seems to finally be standing up and taking control of the situation like she does when she is working, it was kind of a relief to see her send one of her lovers away (I won't tell you who, you will just have read and find out). I have to say I hope the next book continues with this trend of not overly doing the sex and magic, but just gives us awesome, in control Anita! Oh and you must read the end of the book! Surprises and heart stopping action!!
 
 
My Rating: A great way to save a series for me, this is book number 21 in the Anita Blake series and while I adore the characters I was getting a little tired of all the drama involved in the books and lack of action, but Kiss the Dead brought it all back around for me! I give it a rating of Three Paws and A Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment