Wednesday, December 21, 2011

After Dark Review of A Caress of Twilight by Laurell K. Hamilton

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 



 
Synopsis: "After eluding relentless assassination attempts by Prince Cel, her cousin and rival for the Faerie crown, Meredith Gentry, Los Angeles private eye, has a whole new set of problems. To become queen, she must bear a child before Cel can father one of his own. But havoc lies on the horizon: people are dying in mysterious, frightening ways, and suddenly the very existence of the place known as Faerie is at grave risk. So now, while she enjoys the greatest pleasures of her life attempting to conceive a baby with the warriors of her royal guard, she must fend off an ancient evil that could destroy the very fabric of reality. And that’s just her day job. . . ."

My Review: Another exciting adventure in the life of Merry Gentry and her guys! This book started out a little slow but picked up steam and moved like a train coming down a mountain. I loved getting to know each of they guys a little more, I have to say I am totally in love with Doyle and Kitto is just plain adorable and awesome. I liked the slow entry of some new characters, there wasn't a ton of information dumped on you and you had the time to get to know them before someone else entered the story. I am not sure I enjoy the ending of the book, it reads like those notes at the end of a movie based on a real story (ie. fred went on to work in the big city, tom and cindy got married and had a little family, etc.), it seems like kind of a cheap way to throw an ending together after spending so much energy and time in the rest of the story.

My Rating: I really enjoy Merry and all her men, though some of them have personalities that drive me nuts, they all just work.  I was able to put this one down but only for short periods of time, so I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment