Monday, February 1, 2021

January 2021 Wrap Up & February TBR

 I can't believe January is already over! I read a lot of great books but didn't quite get to all the ones I wanted to read.  I do think it was a pretty darn good kick off to the year! So how about we update the challenges.


We will start with my main challenge this year . . .

TBR Books Read:
I managed to read 3 books off my current physical TBR, I figured I needed to read an average of 5 books, so a little under my goal but nothing to panic about yet.
  




2021 Books added to TBR & Read:
I am once again trying to purchase less books this year and to read them as quickly after they come in as I can, so here are the books that I purchased and managed to immediately read.

 


Other January Additions:
I have been trying to purchase less books each month and I have limited myself to only 4 pre-order books each month. I did pretty good this month with a couple of purchases from last year rolled in so it upped my numbers a bit. So here are the books that I added to my shelves but haven't gotten around to reading yet. 
  
  
 

As much as there are more books on that list than I was planning on having unread, but I am planning on reading several of these very shortly.  




In other reading I am tracking this year, I read . . .

Re-Reads:
2. Fire


Borrowed Books:
6. The Crow Rider - DNF


Books Over 500 Pages:


Requested Reviews: 
1. Cleo Can Tie a Bow (Pump Up Your Book)
2. Ever After Always (Netgalley)



January Reading Stats:
I read a total of 19 books this month
2,526 pages read and 3 days, 12 hours and 23 minute of listening


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read that TBR: I didn't manage to read quite as many books as I had hoped off the TBR but I am still happy with 3. - CHECK
2. Re-Read More: I am pretty excited to re-read some old favorite books this year and with a new book being added to an old favorite series I decided a full re-read was necessary and managed 3 books this month!  - CHECK
3. Purchase Less & Read More: I only added 7 books this month which was a little morn than last year in January and more than I wanted but honestly 2 of them were purchases from last year that got caught in the mail system and 1 was my BOTM pick.  I also only manage to read 2 of those, while it wasn't quite up to my hope, I still think I did okay - CHECK
4. Keep Trying New Genres/Authors: I tried a few more books that were outside my Fantasy and Romance comfort zones, I also tried some new authors. While not all of them were big hits for me, I am still glad I tried them.  - CHECK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


February TBR
So I had all kinds of plans for February, with the wrap up of Medieval-a-thon, the start of FaRoFeb and I usually like to do at least a romance week. But plans changed a bit when I went a bit overboard on the Netgalley requests. I have a lot of reading to catch up on!


For TBR books: 
Traitor's Blade * Currently Reading

ARCs:
The Broken Spine * Currently Reading



That is an awful lot of books, I am really going to have to make it a point to read this month, maybe *cough, cough* I am feeling sick a day or two this month.

What are you reading this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment