Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Series Review: A Library Lover's Mysteries by Jenn McKinlay

 I tend to be a person who binges series once I find one I enjoy, especially when it is an older series with a lot of backlist titles.  So instead of posting reviews of each individual book, I instead will do a general review of the series as a whole.  For shorter series I will post my review of the individual titles, for longer series I will post links to my full reviews.  I will do my absolute best to keep spoilers out of these posts in case you plan to read the books, but there is a slight chance that even the synopsis of a book can give away the result of the previous book. So if you don't want to know anything at all about the later books in a series that might giveaway something in the first book STOP READING NOW!


So I just recently discovered both Jenn McKinlay and Cozy Mysteries, needless to say, I dove in head first! I originally read a couple of Jenn McKinlay's romance books before trying this series out, then I proceeded to binge the whole series since it was available from my local library.   The Library Lover's Mystery Series is set in a small town on the shores of Connecticut and follows the town's new library director, Lindsey Norris.  For being such a small town there are a lot of odd things happening and a few bodies turning up. With the aid of her new Crafternoon ladies, Lindsey gets caught up in the murder investigations and excitement and danger ensue.  If you want to see individual reviews for each book they will be linked at the bottom of this post.



 
 
 




My Full Series Review and Rating: This being my first foray into a full series of Cozy Mysteries, I wasn't sure what to expect but I was very happy with what I found.  I think a bit of my enjoyment factor came from the touch of romance that helps carry the characters through the tough events.  I was also impressed to find that the murders and the investigations were so unique throughout the series, the never seemed to get repetitive. I did see a bit of influence from real life cases here and there but there was definitely a twist on each of the stories to keep them unique to this series. I loved the small town setting and the odd cast of characters, they leant some comedic relief when needed and the close knit community support when needed as well. Even the side characters had a unique voice and you can't help but grow attached to all of them. I thoroughly enjoyed every book I read and I don't think I gave any of them less than 3 stars. Some were definitely 5 star books.  So I give this series as a whole a rating of Four Paws!


Individual Book Reviews:

No comments:

Post a Comment