Friday, December 4, 2020

Advent Reads Day 4: Bedtime Story: Christmas Cookie Day by Tara Knudson & Illustrated by Pauline Siewert

  Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!


Read for: Children's Books

Synopsis: "Celebrate the tradition of making Christmas cookies with family and friends by sharing this delightful board book, Christmas Cookie Day! Cute, simple, easy-to-read, and includes a yummy cookie recipe on the back cover!

Readers young and old will love the sweet rhymes and colorful illustrations that remind us all of the tradition of baking cookies and giving them as gifts during the holiday season.

Christmas Cookie Day:


Features fun, rhyming text written for children ages 0 to 4
Is perfect for building new memories, great for family reading, and ideal for Christmas gift-giving
Is a durable board book that fits into little hands, with a festive glittery cover and adorable illustrations
Cookie day.

Time to bake,

Aprons on,

Lots to make!"


My Review: Even though Munchkin is done with picture and board books, I still look for great ones for my nieces, and this is one of those. This has simple lines and rhyming with bright pictures. It tells of a great day making Christmas cookies. It can create a wonderful tradition of reading this book and then making the cookies, connecting the story with real life. There is also a sugar cookie recipe on the back cover for even more fun.

My Rating: This was such a cute book, I wish I had discovered it when Munchkin was really little (not that it would have improved my baking skills at all). It is a fun book and can lead to a fun family tradition.  I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment