Thursday, March 19, 2020

Middle Grade Book Tag

It has been quite a while since I have done a book tag but when I saw Life Between Words, one of our hosts, post this Middle Grade Book Tag during our Middle Grad March Readathon, I thought it was about time to post one again.  As I said I saw this tag on Life Between Words but it was originally created by The Curly Reader.  So here we go . . .

What is the last MG book you read?
What is a MG book someone read to you as a child?
My Mom was constantly reading to us as kids, definitely instilled a love of books in me. But I most remember her reading the Little House on the Prairie series to us. I think my favorites were Little House in the Big Woods, Farmer Boy and On the Banks of Plum Creek.
  
What was your favorite MG book as a child?
I was a complete horse nut and loved all of Marguerite Henry's books but my favorite was probably King of the Wind.
What is your favorite MG book as an adult?
Gosh there are so many, how could I possibly narrow it down?! For the past 3 years I have been participating in Middle Grade March and now Munchkin is reading MG too, so I have read countless books in the past few years, but I think one that really stands out and that I recommend to everyone is The Wild Robot.
Who is your favorite MG author?
I have in the past few years discovered Katherine Applegate, I have been working my way through her backlist and I have to say, I don't think I have come across a book of hers that I didn't like. Each one has been unique and touching.
  

What MG book do you think should be required reading in school?
There are so many fantastic MG books that should be read and discussed in school, and many of them already are currently. One in particular that I think would be great for schools is Gone Fishing by Tamera Will Wissinger. This book not only tells a story about family but the reader also gets to experience a wide variety of poetry and prose styles, and they are all explained in the book as well.

What is your favorite MG book cover?


What is your favorite MG book to screen adaptation?
I don't tend to watch a lot of movies, so I kind of struggle with this one. I guess maybe Black Stallion would qualify.  I do need to rectify this and watch some more movies, especially The Book Thief and Because of Winn Dixie.




So tell me about some of your Middle Grade favorites and memories.  Or post your own Middle Grade Book Tag.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you did this! I'll have to check out Gone Fishing. I've never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was such a fun tag, and Middle Grade March is one of my favorite readathons! Gone Fishing is fantastic, I hope you can check it out. There is also another one called Gone Camping with the same characters and style. I highly recommend them both!

      Delete