Saturday, February 8, 2020

Date Night with a Book: Finding Her Dragons by April Canavan

Read for: 2019 Purchase

Synopsis: "Finding Her Dragons was originally published in the Fated Mates boxed set.

She's lived in the darkness long enough.



Danica has lived her life in the shadows. Her family ran away from the dragon realm to keep her safe, but now she's all grown up and able to protect herself. One of only four females able to mate, she's both precious to their world and in danger from those who would use her for their own advantage.



Erik, Damon, Castien and Benjamin survive in the human world by running into burning buildings and feeding from the flames. It isn't perfect, but they had to leave their dying realm behind. They're content with their lives, until they see her. A woman who calls to not one, but all four of them.



The Dragon King will stop at nothing to ensure his bloodline is secure, even if it means kidnapping and forcing himself on Danica as well as the other remaining female dragons. Tired of living in the shadows, Danica steps into the light only to be faced with a terrible truth and dangerous consequences."


My Review: You put dragons and romance in a book and I am pretty much guaranteed to pick it up. I have the first two books in this series and I wanted to try it before picking up more books. I really enjoyed the setting of modern city, it makes it familiar and eases the reader into the fantasy realm slowly. We get to find out more information as we read. I liked Danica, she is tough yet naive, intelligent and determined, but makes some stupid mistakes. The guys were great and of course drool worthy but I found it difficult to set them apart in this first book. I think as we get to know them more it will get easier. I am definitely intrigued with the ending of this book and look forward to reading the next book.

My Rating: I am glad I decided to pick this one up, it was short and engrossing, there is plenty of build up and great characters.  I am looking forward to reading the next book and hopefully be able to set the guys apart a bit more.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.


No comments:

Post a Comment