Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Can't Wait For . . . Queen's Peril by E.K. Johnston (Waiting On/ Can't Wait Wednesday)


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hoste at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.


I haven't done one of these Waiting on Wednesday (now Can't Wait Wednesday) posts in ages but there are so many books I am excited about this year that I thought it was time to bring these posts back.  

One that I almost didn't realize was coming out this year but am now dying for right now is Queen's Peril.  After getting Queen's Shadow last year, I figured that would be all we got for Padme.  I am so anticipating this book that I have started to hunt down props and costume ideas for instagram posts for once I have this book in my hot little hands!



Queen's Peril by E.K. Johnston
Release Date: May 5, 2020

Synopsis: "When fourteen-year-old Padmé Naberrie wins the election for Queen of Naboo, she adopts the name Amidala and leaves her family to the rule from the royal palace. To keep her safe and secure, she’ll need a group of skilled handmaidens who can be her assistants, confidantes, defenders, and decoys. Each girl is selected for her particular talents, but it will be up to Padmé to unite them as a group. When Naboo is invaded by forces of the Trade Federation, Queen Amidala and her handmaidens will face the greatest test—of themselves, and of each other."



Who is your favorite underrated character from a popular series/fandom?

8 comments:

  1. I love all the books to go with the Star Wars series that are coming out! Hope you get your hands on it soon!
    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been loving the way the new cannon books are more of a cohesive story to follow, it makes it so much easier that the old legends books for me. I also love that some of the characters that are often passed over are getting books!

      Delete
  2. It sounds so good and I hope you get your hands on it soon!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait, let's hope the rest of winter and spring passes quickly and we can get to the beginning of May!

      Delete
  3. Oooh! This sounds like an interesting read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is anything like the previous book by Johnston, it is going to be fantastic. I am looking forward to the audio book too!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Same! I really enjoyed the first book, I love how the personal of Amidala became it's own character.

      Delete