Thursday, November 7, 2019

TBR Thursday (5)



So I stumbled upon this feature at Purple People Readers (I am totally in love with the blog name LOL) and was originally created by Kimberly Faye Reads.

As you may know, I like so many other book lovers out there am struggling with a towering TBR.  I have been currently working on narrowing it down a little. But I thought I would also bring that idea to my blog, where you can get a bit of a say in what stays on my TBR and what books it may be time to let go.

So let me know, should I keep it on my TBR, prioritize it, or let it go.  Have you read it? Let me know your thoughts on . . .

Title: The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Author: Rae Carson
Series: Fire and Thorns Series - Book 1 of 4 (4th book due out next year)
Genre: YA Fantasy
Format: Paperback
Length: 423 pages
Average Rating on Goodreads: 3.80 Stars
Time on TBR: Since June 15, 2011
Synopsis: "Once a century, one person is chosen for greatness. Elisa is the chosen one. But she is also the younger of two princesses. The one who has never done anything remarkable, and can't see how she ever will. Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs her to be the chosen one, not a failure of a princess.

And he's not the only one who seeks her. Savage enemies, seething with dark magic, are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people's savior. Soon it is not just her life, but her very heart that is at stake.
Elisa could be everything to those who need her most. If the prophecy is fulfilled. If she finds the power deep within herself. If she doesn't die young. Most of the chosen do."



So I haven't heard many people talk about this series, probably because it is such a backlist book, but those that do talk about it absolutely rave about it!


Should I give it a try? Should I binge this series in anticipation of the 4th book coming out next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment