Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Review of A Thousand Roads Home by Carmel Harrington

Read for: Recently Added - Book Club Book Box

Synopsis: "‘Where is home?’ DJ asked.
‘Wherever the people you love are.’ Ruth replied.
Single mother, Ruth, and her son, DJ, have never truly fitted in, but that didn’t matter, so long as they were together. When their home comes under threat, their quiet life will change forever.
DJ meets Tom, a man who ten years ago walked out of his house and never looked back. Ruth, DJ and Tom have all felt like outsiders. Burdened with grief and insecurities, they are not living their best lives. But together, these three ordinary people will do an extraordinary thing…"
My Review: I received this book in the Once Upon A Book Club Box and thought it sounded really interesting. I am so glad that I picked it up right away and didn't leave it sitting on the shelves forever. I seem to be picking up more and more books lately that portray a character with Asperger's Syndrome, I don't know if it is simply because there are more books out there or if I am just more attracted to these books, either way I really appreciate them. I love the main theme throughout the story of it only takes one person to make a change. It was so uplifting, even in the darkest parts of this story. I adore the relationship between Ruth and DJ, it is full of so much love and support. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and the characters.
My Rating: I don't often reach for this genre of book but I am so glad I received this one! It had such an impact on me while I was reading it and have been recommending it to as many people as possible! I give it a rating of Four Paws!


No comments:

Post a Comment