Friday, February 1, 2019

January 2019 Challenge Update & February TBR

Here we are at the first challenge update of 2019.  I feel like I am still in that mad rush and stressed out holiday season.  I did get a decent amount of reading done this month, several larger books that I have been putting off have been checked off the list but I am still kind of recovering from my slump at the end of last year.  Shall we see how I have done on my new challenges and goals this month?




Children's Books
30-40 books

Early Reader Books
30-40 books
1. Zog
2. Stick Man


Graphic Novel
25 books

Audio Book Challenge
50 books - (Caffinated Reader hosted)


Classic Books
5 books
None

Big Books
10 books over 500 pages

RI Authors
20 books


Borrowed Books
30-40 books

Re-Reads 
15 books
1. Catwings


Beat the Backlist
75 books - (Novelknight hosted) - only using books I already own
1. The Poppy War
2. My Lady's Choosing
3. I'd Rather Be Reading
4. Spinning Silver
5. Even the Darkest Stars


Requested Reviews
No more than 25 new acceptances (& catch up on old requests)
1. Nightchaser (2018 Request)
2. White Stag (2018 Request)
3. Ruin of Kings Sampler (2018 Request) - DNF


Recently Added to Shelves
Limited purchases (must total less than 200) and read soon


1. Dragon of Ash & Stars - (Jan./ Jan.) DNF
2. The Snow Gypsy (Jan./ )
3. Book Nerds & Boyfriends (Jan./ )
4. WarDance (Jan/ )
5. Warsong (Jan./ )
8. Lost Boy (Jan/ )
9. Year One (Jan/ )
10. Girl Who Drank the Moon (Jan/ )
11. King of Scars (Jan/ )




January Reading Stats:
I read a total of 23 books this month
2,775 pages read and 2 days, 15 hours and 4 minutes of listening



Resolutions Check in:
1. Borrow More Books: I think I definitely did that this month, I read 5 borrowed books that I did not own! I also have a big stack that we just picked up for the next three weeks.  While this is great, I think it has been at the expense of my owned TBR. - CHECK
2. Purchase Less Books: So last year in January I purchased 12 books, this month I purchased 11, just barely squeaked by but I managed! - CHECK
3. Read Big Books: My goal last  year was to read more books over 450 pages, if I had stuck with that page count goal I would have 2 but I upped my page count this year with a goal to read books over 500 pages and I did read Poppy War which comes in at 544 pages - CHECK
4. Re-Read More: This is going to take me a bit to get into full swing, and I plan to start really pushing on it this next month, but I did re-read 1 book so it counts! - CHECK
5. Put Less Pressure and Stress on Myself: This is going to be my hardest resolution to stick to and it is one that is hard to judge but I think I accomplished it this month. I missed a few days of posting but I didn't freak out about it, my every other week rotation of picture book and early reader reviews for Bedtime Stories got a little messed up and again I didn't freak out, I also allowed myself to DNF 3 books this month that I wasn't enjoying. It also took me a while to find my planner for the year and I am feeling much better now that things are somewhat organized on paper.  - CHECK



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So what is on my TBR for February? I am definitely going to pick up more romances and I am going to keep working my way through the back list of Requested Reviews. Here is a rough list of books I want to read but I am not forcing myself to stick to it.

The Queen's Thief Series by Megan Whalen Turner (5 books)
Warrior Wolves Series by Christine Depetrillo (5 books)
Chronicles of the Warlands by Elizabeth Vaughan (6 books)
Amber and Dusk by Lyra Selene
The Cruel Prince and Wicked King by Holly Black
Uprooted  by Naomi Novik  * currently reading


And I need to pick another book over 500 pages from my TBR shelf.


So how did your first month of 2019 go? Is the cold winter or hot summer keeping you indoors to read more?

3 comments:

  1. I like how you keep track of your goals, and it is fun to see your lists grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your blog. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. Come visit my blog at TumesKecil
    Read my posts at here :
    - Tips beli smartphone
    - Cara menghilangkan tanda panah di shortcut dekstop windows
    - Cara mengecek tahun keluaran hp android

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information. I like your opinion and picture.

    Greetings from Indonesia. Do you know that in my country, milk comsumption is lower than another country in ASEAN. How could?
    - SKM is not Milk!

    See another article at MantuIdaman Blog
    - How to Write Email in English
    - A Girl with Her Matic
    - Bandung Culinary

    With love,
    Latifah

    ReplyDelete