Saturday, February 23, 2019

Graphic Novel Review of Jim Henson's The Storyteller by Various Authors & Illustrators

Read for: Graphic Novel Challenge


Synopsis: "When people told themselves their past with stories, explained their present with stories, foretold the future with stories...the best place by the fire was kept for...The Storyteller 
Archaia and The Jim Henson Company are proud to present all-new tales of fantastic wonder and extraordinary myth, as told from the tongue of The Storyteller and his loyal canine companion."

My Review: I didn't know anything about this book going into it other than I really loved the cover. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the inside of this one held up to the promise of the outside. I love that this is a collection of folk tales from around the world, each told by a different author/illustrator in their own style but keeping with the Storyteller and his dog.

My Rating: I love reading folk tales and really enjoyed the different takes and artistic interpretations in this book. I just want more of it!  I give this one a rating of Four Paws!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! My family used to watch The Storyteller when I was little! I have to find this!! My favorite was Hans the Hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never seen this show, I think I would have loved it!

      Delete