Saturday, September 15, 2018

Graphic Novel Review of Tellos, Volume 2: Kindred Spirits by Todd Dezago

Read for: Graphic Novel Challenge

Synopsis: "Tellos is cleverly described as being for those who are leaving Harry Potter on their way to Tolkien via Narnia. A delightful adventure series with talking tigers, pirate queens, magical swords and a young boy's quest that will fire the imagination and delight the senses of all readers.The spectacular artist of Spiderman and Superman."

My Review: I received this in a graphic novel swap on Free Comic Book day this year, I wasn't sure what to expect as I haven't heard of it before and haven't read Volume 1. It turns out a lot was explained throughout the story so I didn't feel like I was missing information. I like the world that was built in the story, it is vibrant and full of interesting places and characters. I also love the odd group of main characters, though they have a tendency to have involved conversations at really in opportune times, like when they are being attacked by shadow creatures. The twist at the end was really unexpected but I did like the way it was integrated in the story and it gives a slightly different sense of resolution but leaves enough open that the story could continue but not necessary.

My Rating: I was very pleasantly surprised with this one, having never read the first one I was expecting to struggle but it was all clear and well explained. And the twist at the end was fantastic!  I give it a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment