Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Booktube SFF Babbles: Favorite SF/F in Non Book Media

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes on Youtube.


At first when I saw this topic I thought I would have a lot of issues coming up with 5 things in other media.  I don't watch TV (other than Game of Thrones & NFL), I don't really watch movies very often, I have never played video games or even really any computer games.  But once I actually sat down and thought about it, some of the things I was the biggest fan of are SF/F from places other than books (maybe that has branched into books but the love originated outside of books).  So here we go with the list.


Solarquest Board Game
Now I don't know if any of you have heard of this game, most people I talk to have no idea what it is, but it is Monopoly for space! You buy the moons of each planet.  My brother and I were obsessed with this game when we were younger. I must say though that it takes AGES to play, we would have game running for a week or more. (and yes it is probably as geeky as it sounds)


Fantastic Adventures of Unico
I was obsessed with this movie when I was a kid, we recorded it off TV on  a VHS and I am pretty sure I wore the thing out.  I was a total unicorn fan as a kid, and total believer, so this adorable and sometimes trouble making little unicorn had my heart.  While I was searching for a picture of this, I discovered it has been released on DVD!! Of course that was an instant order!


One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater
Yes, now you are starting to realize that I am that totally geeky 80s child. I was in love with this song and the movie, my mom even made me a totally awesome Halloween costume that I wore for 4 years running until I outgrew it! 





My Little Pony & Rainbow Brite
I lumped these together because honestly if you were a fan of one, chances are you were a fan of the other.  I loved both of these in toy form, movie form, tv form, games, coloring books, you name it I had it.  The love for My Little Pony definitely carried into adulthood and I am still a fan, still have a collection (though it isn't as active as it used to be).



Star Wars & Ewok Spin-off
Of course, you had to have known this was coming right?! I am another Star Wars obsessed person.  I also love the Ewok Spin-off movies, Cartoon, toys and books.  I don't think I really need to go into this at all right?! I have been working Munchkin up to the movies, and am planning a huge May the 4th movie viewing for us, it will be his first time seeing the actual movies and I can't wait!!











2 comments:

  1. How have I not heard of Solarquest?! It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so awesome, there was a go fund me a while ago with a push to re-release the game, I don't know if it got funded or not but definitely try to get your hands on it, so much fun!

      Delete