Thursday, February 1, 2018

January 2018 Challenge Wrap up and February TBR

Gosh, January absolutely flew by this year! As I have said all month, it has been a little all over the place, I spent the vast majority of the month floundering both with my personal life stress, schedules and even my reading.  It has taken until the last week for me to finally get my feet under me.  But with that said it turns out I had a rather fantastic reading month with some really, really fantastic books! So how about we check in with the books I have read so far . . .


Children's Book Challenge:
30 - 40 books


Early Reader Challenge:
30-40 books


Graphic Novel Challenge:
23-28 books


Audio Book Challenge:
28-32 books
4. Voyage of the Basilisk


Classics Challenge:
5 books (1 re-read)
None this month


Series Challenge:
4 full series & 6 duologies
Memoirs of Lady Trent Series (5 books & 1 novella): Book 1Book 2, Book 3
Butler VT/Green Mountain Series (9 books & 2 novellas): (Books 1-3 read in 2017) Book 4
Nevernight Chronicles (3 books so far): Book 1
Winternight Trilogy (3 books): Book 1Book 2
Unicorn's Secret (8 books): Book 1, Book 2, Book 3
Ree Verakai Duology: Book 1


Requested Reviews:
No more than 25


TBR Challenge:
50-75 books that I already own as of 12/31/2017
1. Breath of Fire  (re-read)
12. Nevernight


Books Added to Shelves in 2018:
As I read the books I purchase this year I will add a link (I will also note the month they were purchased/ read)
1. Plague of Giants (Jan./)
2. Moonsilver (Jan./ Jan.)
3. Silver Thread (Jan./Jan.)
4. The Silver Bracelet (Jan./ Jan.)
5. Mountains of the Moon (Jan./)
6. Practical Magic (Jan./)
7. I Love My Love (Jan./)
8. The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry (Jan./)
9. Gods of the North (Jan./)
10. We Have Always Lived in a Castle (Jan./)
11. Life Changing Manga of Cleaning Up (Jan./Jan.)
12. Heart on Fire (Jan./ Jan.)



January Reading Stats:
I read a total of 27 books.
3,532 pages read and 2 days, 9 hours and 57 minutes of audio books.

Resolutions Check in:
1. Read Less Books: Last year I read 31 books in January, this year I read 27 so progress!
2. Be More aware while reading: I have marked a quotes in two books as well as noted favorite characters and scenes. Yay for that!
3. Read More Chunky Books (12 books over 450 pages in 2018): Nevernight was 462 pages it makes the cut!
4. Use Library & Overdrive more: I haven't used it to get any books I don't own but I have borrowed 3 audio books & 1 ebook to streamline reading.
5. Purge & Re-organize shelves: I DNFed one book this month and pulled 3 more off my shelves and made a pile of 8 books I am considering donating. Slow but steady goes the tortoise.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So February always messes with me, I have so many plans but the short month throws me for a loop.  I really need to start getting ready for the RI Author Month in April and I would like to have a Romance week in February too, so lots of books to read and so little time (I think I need a snow day or two).

So here are some of the books I would like to read in February:

The Trail and Sierra by Ray Anderson
Lightning in the Blood by Marie Brennan
Blasphemy Series (so far) by Laura Kaye
Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
Vengeance Road and Retribution Rails by Erin Bowman
PO Box Love by Paola Calvetti
The Landscaper Series by Robin Stone
Crewel Work and Trouble Looming by Natalie Alder
In the Labyrinth of Drakes and Within the Sanctuary of Wings by Marie Brennan
A Plague of Giants by Kevin Hearne
Mountains of the Moon by Kathleen Duey
Gods of the North by Lucy Coats
I Love My Love by Rayne Biddy
Life Changing Manga of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
Southern Spice and One White Lie by Jeannette Winters
Secret Hunger and Secret Need by Satin Russell
It's Only Love and Ain't She Sweet by Marie Force
Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman
Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
Tarnished City by Vic James
Survive the Night by Katie Ruggle


So that looks like a little much for an already busy February but I guess we will run with it!



So what did you read in January? And what is first on your TBR for February?




2 comments:

  1. January felt all over the place for me too and just...off. As always, I’m impressed with your numbers. Good luck with February

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny. Let's start the new year over again together!

      Delete