Sunday, October 29, 2017

Mini Reviews: New Leash on Love, Loving the Billionaire, Northlanders Vol. 5 and some DNFs


So with reading and reviewing so many books, I am running out of days in which to share them with you.  I am going to start posting Mini Reviews of books that I read through out the month but couldn't find the time to post on the last Sunday of each month.


I only have a few mini reviews to share with you this time, I have read a lot and shared most of those with you (but do have some more series reviews coming).  I also have been trying to allow myself to DNF more books and figured I would share those here too.


This was a light fluffy romance that read very quickly. I loved the animal shelter setting! Three Paws and a Stump Wag


A quick prequel to a romance series set here in RI that I have been following. A really sweet romance, but sometimes things didn't ring true to the time period.  Three Paws and a Stump Wag.


This is such an odd series, mostly disjointed stories that really have nothing to do with one another except the setting, but that is done really well.  Two Paws and a Stump Wag


Ugh, Neil Gaiman is just not for me, I couldn't get into the story, found it very bland.
DNFed


I have not seen the movie, but did read one of the GNs so had kind of an idea but this was not it.  I also think that having read Bardugo's other work so recently and loving the world she created just didn't set me up for a win with this book. 
DNFed but will pick up again at a later date.



2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that Neil Gaiman book yet. I enjoy some of his stuff, but not others. That first book loos so fun! If it takes place in an animal shelter, I will read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I read so much I had to do mini reviews to catch up. ;) This is one of the few Neil Gaiman books I actually liked. Too bad you didn’t like it.

    ReplyDelete