Friday, March 31, 2017

Bedtime Story: Today I Will Fly! by Mo Willems

Read for: Children's Challenge & its Elephant & Piggie of course
 
Synopsis: "Gerald is careful. Piggie is not.
Piggie cannot help smiling. Gerald can.
Gerald worries so that Piggie does not have to.

Gerald and Piggie are best friends.

Today, I Will Fly! is the funny introduction to the characters. Piggie is determined to fly. But Gerald the elephant knows that's impossible--isn't it?"


My Review: We finally got around to reading the first of the Elephant and Piggie books and loved it just as much as all the others. This is a fun and cute play on flying pigs. I love that it has these unique characters and also shows kids that there are many different ways around a problem, all it takes is some thought, creativity and a little help.
 
My Rating: This is a fun book, and of course it is hard to go wrong with Elephant and Piggie.  We have read it countless times already! We give it a rating of Four Paws!
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said. These books are so simple, but the characters and problems are so fun and inventive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really love how simple they are but they keep Munchkin coming back for more, that is really hard to pull off.

      Delete