Sunday, January 1, 2017

Bout of Books Readathon #18 - Sign Up and Updates

I love participating in the Bout of Books Readathon at the beginning of the year, you always have the excitement of new challenges and the new books you are looking forward to reading in the new year.
 
Here is the information you need in case you want to sign up too!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 2nd and runs through Sunday, January 8th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 18 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team - From the Bout of Books team

  

So this post is going to be my base for the week, I will continue to come back and update it each day with my progress (as I already have a lot of posts planned for this week and don't want things too jumbled up).  I will also be updating via twitter at @EasternSunset9 or maybe on Instagram @EasternSunset9

 


Time Devoted to Reading

I would like to read between 3-4 hours each day and read about 200 pages each day.
Averaging about 1.5 hours and work and another 1.5-2.5 at home after Munchkin goes to bed.
  

My Goals

Read a total of 1,400 pages
Read at least 3 hours each day
Complete at least 1 requested review
Read 10 books
 
 

Books to Read

The Little Prince - 113 pages
The Uncommon Reader - 120 pages
Running on Empty - 145 pages
The Thirteenth Hour - 336 pages
I Love My New Toy - 64 pages
Too Many Toys - 32 pages
Time to be a Hero - 32 pages
Breath of Fire - 448 pages


Extras

Ice Like Fire - 12:49
 
 

Updates:


Monday
Number of Pages I've read today: 210 pages
Total Number of Pages:  210 pages
Time spent reading today: 3 hours
Total number of books I've read: 4
Books completed: Time to Be a Hero, Too Many Toys, The Uncommon Reader
Thoughts: I thought I would have a little more time to read but with it being a day off for everyone and having Munchkin and Hubby home kind of infringed upon reading time. I also had spent all of Sunday on the couch catching up on reading that was supposed to be finished last week so I had a bunch of cleaning to do. Oh well, I still read a decent amount and now that schedules are getting back to normal I can really get to reading!




Tuesday

Number of Pages I've read today: 314 plus 2hrs of listening (=about 120 pages)
Total Number of Pages:  664
Time spent reading today: 4.5 hours
Total number of books I've read: 9
Books completed: Time to Be a Hero, Too Many Toys, The Uncommon Reader, Meeting of the Mustangs, Snow Like Ashes, The Princess Saves Herself in This One, I Love My New Toy, All By Myself
Thoughts:  It was a great reading day yesterday, I was able to read a requested review while at work, finish the last two hours of Snow Like Ashes in the car, and then read some books with Munchkin and after he went to bed and I finished up some quick chores was able to read quite a bit more.

 

   Wednesday
Number of Pages I've read today: 248
Total Number of Pages:  912
Time spent reading today: 2.5
Total number of books I've read: 10
Books completed: Time to Be a Hero, Too Many Toys, The Uncommon Reader, Meeting of the Mustangs, Snow Like Ashes, The Princess Saves Herself in This One, I Love My New Toy, All By Myself, Mouse Guard: Legend of the Guard Vol. 1
Thoughts: Didn't get nearly as much reading done as I would have liked but still managed to meet my goals so far. The late nights of reading this week after chores are done are starting to catch up with me, I hope I have a couple more in me so I can at least try to finish most of the books I wanted to read this week!
 
 
Thursday
Number of Pages I've read today: 113 plus 1.5 hours listening (about 60 pages)
Total Number of Pages:  1,085
Time spent reading today: 3 hours
Total number of books I've read: 12
Books completed: Time to Be a Hero, Too Many Toys, The Uncommon Reader, Meeting of the Mustangs, Snow Like Ashes, The Princess Saves Herself in This One, I Love My New Toy, All By Myself, Mouse Guard: Legend of the Guard Vol. 1, The Little Prince
Thoughts: Recovered a little bit of reading from Wednesday but not as much as I would have liked, I had hoped to finish at least one more book by now.  It was a little too busy in the office yesterday to do any reading but I will hopefully have it done sometime today.  I am also still waiting for Breath of Fire to come in the mail! I have started Prisoner of Azkaban, I won't be finishing this book as I am participating in a readalong but I should be more than halfway by the end of the weekend.
 
Friday
Number of Pages I've read today:
Total Number of Pages: 
Time spent reading today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books completed:
Thoughts:
 
Saturday & Sunday
Number of Pages I've read today: 188 plus 3 hours listening (about 120 pages)
Total Number of Pages:  1,393
Time spent reading today: 5.5 hours
Total number of books I've read: 13
Books completed: Time to Be a Hero, Too Many Toys, The Uncommon Reader, Meeting of the Mustangs, Snow Like Ashes, The Princess Saves Herself in This One, I Love My New Toy, All By Myself, Mouse Guard: Legend of the Guard Vol. 1, The Little Prince, The Big Snow
Thoughts: I not reading on Friday kind of set me back, but I did much more reading this weekend than I expected (and way more than I usually read on the weekend at all). I had so many more books I wanted to read this week but oh well, at least I read as many as I did!
 
 
 



 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenges:


I don't normally participate in challenges in the Bout of Books because I like to focus my time on getting as much reading in as I can but if I do participate you will see my answers and or photos or whatever the challenge requires posted here with a link to the challenge.

  

Day 1 Challenge: Introduce yourself in six words
My six words are Mom, Wife, Reader, Crafter, Paralegal, Blogger
A photo posted by Ang S (@easternsunset9) on
 
 
Day 2 Challenge: 2017 in a Picture
So there are the majority of the print TBR books for the year!
 
 
 
Day 3 Challenge: Book to Movie
I don't usually like the idea of making a book into a movie because I always worry they won't do the storyline or characters justice.  I also have a really hard time with casting because I have such a specific image in my mind of the characters (the one time that they found an actor that completely matched my image was Ned Stark on Game of Thrones).  Anyway there is one series I would love to see as a movie or series of movies. I think the set would be easy since it is mostly in one place and the costumes would be stunning.  That book series is The Selection (and yes including The Heir and the Crown too).
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It has been fun so far, this is always my favorite readathon because it lasts all week and I am always eager to read all the new beautiful books on my shelves!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you've had an awesome week and gotten a lot read! I hope you've fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great reading week, not as much as I wanted but still a great week.

      Delete
  3. I'm excited about Bout of Books 18. I did well on my reading goals. How about you? Looks like you did get a good amount of reading done.
    Happy page turning and happy New Year!
    If you come across a 2017 debut author, please let me know! - J
    http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by J Lenni. I hope you had a great time reading this readathon! I don't know about any debut authors in 2017 yet, but I had a few great ones last year.

      Delete