Sunday, December 4, 2016

Advent Reads Day 4: The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!
 
 
 
Synopsis: ""Whatever the reason, I find that with each passing Christmas the story of the christmas box is told less and needed more. So I record it now for all future generations to accept or dismiss, as seems them good. As for me, I believe. And it is, after all, my story." So begins "The Christmas Box", the touching story of a widow and the young family who moves in with her. Together they discover the first gift of Christmas and learn what Christmas is really all about. "The Christmas Box" is a Christmas story unlike any other."

My Review: This is a nice little sentimental holiday story. The story follows a family who move in to take care of an aging widow. As with most families we struggle to balance our responsibilities with time and enjoyment with our loved ones. I think that this is a nice book to remind us of what is really important, especially during the rush of the holidays. This is a nice short read to curl up with on the couch some December night.
 
My Rating: While for me this wasn't my favorite of the warm cozy Christmas books, it does have a great message and reminder that family is the most important. I give it a rating of Three Paws.

3 comments:

  1. Was this your first time through it? I'm not a fan of this author. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Jenny! I can't stand RPE! He is SO egotistical!

      Delete
    2. It was my first time through it and it really wasn't my favorite. From the description I was expecting something really warm and fuzzy like you get from Jason Wright but it just wasn't to that level. Nice message but that not much connection or emotion.

      Delete