Thursday, October 13, 2016

After Dark Review of The Teacher's Billionaire by Christina Tetreault

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read For: Meeting her soon & After Dark
 
 
 
Synopsis: "This is a Contemporary Romance. It contains love scenes.

Callie Taylor's life is turned upside down when she learns the truth about her birth following the death of her mother. Not only is her father alive, but he's none other than presidential candidate Senator Warren Sherbrooke.

Billionaire and confirmed bachelor, Dylan Talbot, is devoted to his family. When his stepfather Warren Sherbrooke receives a letter from a past love telling him they have a daughter together, Dylan is instantly suspicious. In order to keep the media vultures away and protect Warren's political aspirations, Dylan convinces Warren to let him handle the situation.

As Callie and Dylan spend time together, they can't resist the feelings that blossom between them. However, when Callie learns the real reason he has been spending time with her their fledgling romance is put in jeopardy and only complete honesty can save it."


My Review: I picked up this book in anticipation of meeting Christina at an upcoming book conference. It was a fairly quick read with relatable characters. I loved that the setting was so familiar as a Rhode Islander. I enjoyed the pacing of the story and really liked Callie's personality and the way she remained true to herself throughout the book. I also enjoyed Dylan and the development of his character, though he didn't even seem like such a bad guy to begin with. The story moved along well, though I found the ending to be a little sudden and felt like the last chapter could have gone a little differently and still kept the same epilogue, but it was still a very enjoyable read and I plan to continue with the series.
  
 
My Rating: I rather enjoyed this quick read and liked the characters, even the sub-characters and look forward to more books in the series! I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment