Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Tea Time Tuesday: Travel Cups and Tumblers

This is a new series of blog posts to share my love of tea and some discoveries I am making as I dive more into that love. (And honestly, what goes better with books than a nice cup of tea?)
 
 
Good afternoon everyone! Hope you are doing well. I thought I would chat with you a little bit about the travel cups and tumblers I use for my iced tea.  I am not home much so most of my tea is consumed at work or on the road so I have tried out many different brands to try to find the ones I like the best.
 
So here are all the ones that I use the most, from left to right, Mason Jar mug, Kate Spade, Tervis, Contigo & Thermos.
 
I like the Mason Jar for at home, I don't have a lid for it though I know there are all kinds of tutorials on how to make your own but I don't have the time. It is nice because it isn't too large and I can use an extra large straw for the bubble tea.
 
I love the Kate Spade cup design, it is all bookshelves so of course, but the straw rattles in the lid, it is hand wash only and it isn't double layers or insulated so the ice melts super quickly.
 
The Tervis might be my favorite cup, it is double walled and you can buy it in so many different designs to suit your style.  They also offer different lid options, this one came with a lid you drink out of but I also purchased the lid you can put a straw in and it can handle the extra wide straws for bubble tea.
 
Contigo has a really nice cup, it keeps the drinks cold for a very long time, it is also dishwasher safe and taller than my tervis.  My only complaint is that it had a cover over the straw hole but the spring broke off after only a few uses, it works fine without that little cover (I think it is too keep the drink cooler and spill resistant in transport).
 
 
The Thermos I have is rather old, but I love it. It is supposed to be hand washed but I have run it through the dishwasher almost every time so the picture is starting to wear off. The mouth is a little small so some types of ice cubes can't fit and it isn't insulated, it does stay nice and cold for some time but the outside also gets cold so I am not a fan of carrying it around much or leaving it on my desk as the condensation drips everywhere.
 
 
So what cups do you use to take your iced tea with you? Have you had an experiences with these cups? 

No comments:

Post a Comment