Monday, July 11, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 23: Twister on Tuesday


Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
In Book 23 Jack and Annie travel to the prairies of the west in the 1870s when pioneers are struggling to make their lives in the harsh environment and with little aid.  Jack and Annie must find a special piece of writing to learn to help break a spell on the library of Camelot.
 
 
 
My Review: I was really looking forward to this book considering my love of Little House on the Prairie. It was a good book and I really liked the attention paid to historical facts and events. It was a great look at the benefits we have for children in modern times as opposed to the struggles of over 100 years ago. The one draw back for me is that it gave the impression that Jack and Annie could out run a twister.  
 
My Rating: While I enjoyed all this historical aspects and the new characters Jack and Annie meet, I didn't like the presentation of an idea that kids (or anyone) could outrun a twister. I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment