Monday, June 20, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 20 - Dingoes at Dinnertime

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 20 sends Jack and Annie Down Under for the final gift to break the spell on the dog they named Teddy.  They encounter a lot of wildlife and must do what is right when faced with a wild brush fire.
 
 
 
 
My Review: A great 'down under' adventure for Jack and Annie. They are on the final mission to get a gift to release the dog from his spell. I like that in this one they are forced to use their research more than in the past and on their own problem solving skills instead of relying on someone they find along the way. I really enjoy the facts at the end of the book and the longer explanation of the folk lore used in the story too.  
 
My Rating: I am still really impressed with this series, it is very approachable for young readers and the short 4 book segments allow them to pick up or leave off with the series at almost any time. I give this one a Four Paw rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment