Friday, June 3, 2016

Beginning Reader Review of Paul Bunyan: My Story by David L. Harrison

Read for: Early Reader Challenge
 
 
Synopsis: "WHOOOOOEEEEE! THAT PAUL Bunyan sure knows how to tell a story. The mammouth, mythic lumberjack tells the tallest tales about growing up, making friends, and working in the great North Woods as the biggest, best, and strongest lumberjack the world has ever seen.

Told in simple, unaffected first-person narrative, this Step 3 reader is the perfect way to introduce young readers to tall tales."


My Review: This is a fun book for those kids stepping out to do their own reading. It is a great introduction to tall tales and is fun the way it is told as if by Paul Bunyan himself. The pictures are fun illustrations and the story is cohesive though abbreviated. The sentences and words are still easy but still enough to challenge new readers into new words and concepts.
 
My Rating: I rather enjoyed this one, Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox were some of my favorite tall tales growing up. I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment