Monday, March 14, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 10 - Ghost Town at Sundown

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 10 continues Jack and Annie's quest to become master librarians.  They travel to back in time to the wild west and a ghost town. Facing horse rustlers and rattlesnakes they must find the answer to the next riddle.
 
 
 
My Review: I really enjoyed this new adventure for Jack and Annie. The old west visit was a great idea and I loved the tie in with the mustangs. There of course was the hint of danger throughout the book and the urgency to find the answer to the riddle. I also liked how Slim was tied in to the story in many ways. Again Osborne does a great job of luring in young readers, both boys and girls and even reluctant readers.
 
My Rating: I particularly enjoyed this book and I feel like the series is doing a great job of growing at an appropriate pace for young readers.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment