Monday, February 22, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 8 - Midnight on the Moon

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
In Midnight on the Moon, Jack and Annie embark on a night time adventure to find the final M thing needed to free Morgan.  This time the house takes them to the moon and the future.
 
 
 
 
My Review: This is the first time in the series that you get to follow Jack and Annie into the future. They have quite the adventure on the moon and any little space or astronaut fans will love it. The four special things are discovered in this book and again like in book 4, it feels almost like it could be a conclusion in the series. I was a little puzzled by it at first but now that I think about the audience, it will give kids a sense of accomplishment without having the daunting task of having to read all (now) 54 books in the series. I wonder where the series will head next and if this trend of 4 books in a short storyline will continue.
 
My Rating: I am kind of wondering where Jack & Annie's parents are that are letting these kids leave the house and wonder the woods at night, but that is just the mom in me coming out.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment