Monday, January 11, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 2 - Knight at Dawn

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
The second book in the series is The Knight at Dawn. Annie and Jack can't wait to return to the tree house to find out if their adventure was real. Annie finds a picture of a knight and wishes to meet him, the tree house takes them on another adventure in the time of castles, kings and knights.
 
 
 
My Review: This is the second book in the series and I found it wasn't quite as exciting as the first book. Maybe it is because we know the tree house will take us where Jack and Annie wish to go on a book. I think I was looking forward to reading about knights and maybe a joust, but it was more a basic view of castles and a brief history lesson. I still think it would be a great adventure for young readers.
 
My Rating: I wasn't as over the top in love with this book, and I really thought I would be since knights, castles, and kings are all things I love to read about. I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.




No comments:

Post a Comment