Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tasty Attempts: Pesto Ranch Crockpot Chicken

Last year I had started posting What's For Dinner. While I really enjoyed those posts, it was hard to keep up with a weekly post, especially since Munchkin is getting a little more picky about his diet and we are having a lot of repeat meals (sometimes the same thing several times a week). I still wanted to keep posting tasty recipes but include a little more variety (like the appetizers and desserts that I make for various parties). So I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
So I have been trying to make a commitment to using my crockpot more often, it really does make life easier knowing my main dish is complete when I get home and I only have to make sides with Munchkin hanging off me. It just takes a little planning ahead to get it going in the morning before work.  Not too long ago I came across this recipe on Pinterest for Pesto Ranch Chicken. It is so simple, a jar of pesto, a ranch packet, a little chicken broth and some chicken thighs, all of which other than the pesto we have on hand at all times!
 
I did cut the recipe down and it was done earlier than expected, so my chicken all really fell apart but it was still really tasty. I also made a stovetop stuffing and made some mushrooms and onions to go along with it.
 
One thing to keep in mind with this recipe is that a lot of pesto sauces are made with pine nuts, so use caution with any allergies. Munchkin couldn't take it to preschool since it is a nut free facility (not that there was any leftovers).  This was definitely a quick and simple dinner to make though and one I will keep in mind.
 

2 comments:

  1. That looks soooo yummy! I'm coming to your house for dinner from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so simple and really tasty! LOL it would be a long drive but you are welcome anytime ;)

      Delete