I am still trying to recover from the readathon on Saturday. I discovered about halfway through that I had managed to catch Munchkin's cold so really had to push through the exhaustion. I wasn't as social this time around as I had hoped but I definitely got into the reading mode and kept it there for hours.
You can see my original signup post HERE
End of Event Meme
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Probably Hours 22 & 23 when I had to get back up with Munchkin and finish reading.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I really focused on the GNs this year and Saga was definitely a huge hit for me. I also enjoyed Into The Wild, a MG novel is great because you can finish it in a sitting.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I didn't participate so much this year except in the reading so I don't have any suggestions
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? There was definitely more Cheerleading presence this year which was great.
- How many books did you read? 17
- What were the names of the books you read? Go Go Go, Ponies Love Pets, Mr. Noisy, Just Saving My Money, Just a Little Music, Ares Bringer of War, Ravine Vol. 1, Rush, Into the Wild, Wheedle and the Noodle, Hinterkind Vol. 1, Time Together Me and Mom, A Cuddle for Little Duck, Goodnight Moon, Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See, Whatchagot Stew, Saga Vol. 1.
- Which book did you enjoy most? I really enjoyed Saga Vol. 1 (and actually read Vol. 2 Sunday afternoon).
- Which did you enjoy least? Ravine Vol.1 even for a graphic novel there was just too much world building and I was struggling to place all the characters and the pieces together.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Absolutely, I am not sure if I will focus so much on the reading or try to be more social, I guess it will depend on the mood I am in and how my schedule works out.
So let's check on my goals:
1. Read/listen for 18+ hours : Check, I read for 18.5 hours total
2. Finish 13 books: Check I read 15 books total (2 were re-reads and 1 was a finish)
3. Read at least 1,100 pages: Check, I read 1,362 pages (and 2:43 hours listening)
4. Update regularly on Twitter: Check, I think I posted just about every new book I started
5. Post updates here every 4-6 hours: Check, I posted 2 updates, I should have posted one more though
6. Visit at least 5 new blogs: Fail :(
7. Participate in at least 1 hourly challenge/mini challenge: Fail :(
8. Keep up with reviews: Fail but working on reviews now.
9. Read and have fun, of course!: Check, I really did enjoy spending so much time reading!
So how did your readathon go?