Wednesday, March 4, 2015

RI Author Feature: Review of Nubiana by Kristen Calenda

Read for: RI Authors & Mount TBR
 
Synopsis: "Nubiana is an inspirational story of how a disheveled and unwelcome cat changed the life of her unexpected new guardians, true non-lovers of cats. Along the way, this heartfelt journey offers caring people, travel and adventure, love and kindness, memories made and shared, togetherness and parting. It's a heartwarming story of a special bond and relationship that forever changed and fulfilled lives."

My Review: When I first purchased this book I thought it was a children's book because of the image and the large format, but upon opening it there are large pages of text, chapters and pictures every couple of pages. It is a sweet and heart-warming story about a rescue cat who touched many lives. I of course have a special place in my heart for rescued kitties especially black ones, so this book will be cherished even though it was cut short much like Nubiana's life.
  
 
My Rating: This is an enjoyable book, it is just hard to place in a genre. It reads like a Children's book but it is too long with too much text, but it is too kid to be a Middle Grade. It could also fit into the memoir genre possibly too. I do love how a portion of the profits go to animal rescues.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cute kitty with such a cute name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is really great is at every author event I have seen Calenda at, she brings her cat (not Nubiana but one very similar).

      Delete