Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Reading List



Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!




Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardner
Poole's Paradise by John Vorhaus
Stone Bay by Min Edwards
Kick Pass and Run by Leonard Kessler (Beginning Reader)
Goodnight Football by Michael Dahl (Bedtime Story)
Cinderella Vol. 1 From Fabletown with Love by Chris Roberson (Graphic Novel)
 
 
Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

If You Lived Here I'd Know Your Name = 5pts
The Tao of Pooh = 3pts
Big Bear Little Bear = 1pt
Charlie, Where's the Bacon = 1pt
Delivering Your Mail = 1pt
Tuggie the Patriot Pup = 5pts
West of Want = 3 pts
Puma Sight Sails the Harbour = 1 pt
Friend to Merida = 1pt
South of Surrender = 3pts
Grandpa and the Truck = 1pt
Chase on the Case = 1pt
Taste the Heat = 3pts
Mr. Messy = 1pt

 
Currently Reading:

Don't Forget Me Bro by John Michael Cummings - Kindle - on page 23 of 230
Fish Perfume by Sammie Grace - PB - on page 86 of 283


 Books to be Read Soon:

East of Ecstasy by Laura Kay (Mount TBR/Series)
More Than Pancakes by Christine Depetrillo (Mount TBR/Rhode Island Authors)
Toe to Toe by Sammie Grace (Mount TBR/Rhode Island Authors)
The Queen's Dagger by Merilee Andelin Saunders (Requested Review)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling (Mount TBR)

 

Total Points Earned
173 - 245 spent = -72 (oops guess I better get to reading)

Pages Read/ Time Listened
8,099 pages read (1,441 this week)
16:17 listening time


Books Added to Shelves

Deception's Pawn by Esther Friesner - Print (preorder) - 25 pts
The Sun Tea Chronicles by Quinton Blue - Kindle - 20pts
A Dog Named Christmas by Greg Kincaid - Kindle -20pts
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas - Nook - 20pts
Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas - Nook - 20pts
Hard to be Good by Laura Kaye - Kindle (preorder) - 20pts
Hard to Let Go by Laura Kaye - Kindle (preorder) - 20pts
Love Finds You in Camelot Tennessee by Janice Hanna - Kindle - 20pts
Winter's Thaw by Mari Carr - Nook - 20pts
The Selection by Kiera Cass - Audio - 20pts
Mr. Red Riding Hoode by Dana Marie Bell - Nook - 20pts
Of Shadows and Ash by Dana Marie Bell - Nook - 20pts


Interesting Tidbits on the Web:

9 Erotica Books that Should be More Popular than Fifty Shades - I am so sick of hearing about Fifty Shades, the book was awful, the actors they picked aren't anything like I pictured and I can only imagine what I would think of the movie, so here are some better choices!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good gordy I am so sick of snow days! Over the past 2 weeks we have had 3 days of being stuck in the house (not to mention the days over the weekend).  That time in the house would normally be a blessing and I would love to read those days under a warm blanket, but instead they are filled with potty breaks and keeping up with a toddler.  I miss my quiet time in the office to read, which I don't get there anymore either because of having to play catch up from the days we couldn't get in. 

All this has made for a not so happy me, so I took a little time for myself yesterday (before the snow started up again).  I am sure you know what that means . . . I broke my no book buying streak and spent some quiet time (and money) at the book store! Bye bye points, hello new books!

No comments:

Post a Comment