Monday, November 3, 2014

What's For Dinner? (28)

What's for Dinner is a little insight into my life for you every Monday night. I carefully plan out meals for the week ahead of time and do my shopping over the weekend.  So I wanted to start sharing with you one of the recipes or dinners I am most looking forward to each week.
 
 
 
It is getting much colder here now and I said previously that I really wanted to use my crockpot more.  Well when better to do that than a month when I am focused on writing.  I found this great boxed dinner at the World Market inside our Bed Bath & Beyond store that sounded really good and super simple. 
 
 
 
It was nice that it had instructions for both dutch oven and crock pot. I only needed chicken thighs (which we buy in bulk so I had that), chicken stock (which we keep on hand for risotto), red wine (we have a whole wine rack full of that), and a can of tomatoes (which we always have on hand in case Hubby wants to make sauce).  It was simple to start in the morning before work and was timed perfectly for when I got home with Munchkin.
 
Doesn't that look delicious? I wish you could have taken a whiff of this because it would make you drool!
 
Only down falls were that it made a TON, I ended up bringing a bunch to work to share, and Munchkin did not like it at all so I ended up making something for him anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment