Thursday, November 20, 2014

Review of Motherhood Comes Naturally by Jill Smokler

 
Synopsis: "Newly pregnant and scared out of her mind, Jill Smokler lay on her gynecologists examination table and was told the biggest lie shed ever heard in her life: Motherhood is the most natural thing in the world.

Instead of quelling her nerves like that well intentioned nurse hoped to, Jill was instead set up for future of questioning exactly what DNA strand she was missing that made the whole motherhood experience feel less than natural to her. Wonderful? Yes. Miraculous? Of course. Worthwhile? Without a doubt. But natural? Not so much.

Jills first memoir, the New York Times bestseller Confessions of a Scary Mommy, rocketed to national fame with its down and dirty details about life with her three precious bundles of joy. Now Jill returns with all-new essays debunking more than twenty pervasive myths about motherhood. Shes here to give you what few others will dare: The truth"


My Review: This book was so much better than the first. I think it was a little more simple and straight forward which gave it the humor I was expecting. I liked the layout of the book with the lies as chapter titles that are debunked in the chapter, little tidbits at the end of each chapter for an added laugh and more mommy confessions at the end. I would maybe recommend this book to mommy's who have a little time under their belts and are ready for the humor and lies, let the brand new mommy's keep their innocence a little longer.
  
 
My Rating:  This one was so much better than the first book, Confessions of a Scary Mommy.  When it didn't have my laughing outright, it had me snickering.  I give it a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment