Thursday, November 13, 2014

Review of Confessions of a Scary Mommy by Jill Smokler

 
Synopsis: "As Jill says,We like to paint motherhood as picture perfect. A newborn peacefully resting on his mothers chest. A toddler taking tentative first steps into his mothers loving arms. A mother fluffing her daughters prom dress. These moments are indeed miraculous and joyful; they can also be few and far between Of course you adore your kids. Of course you would lay down your life for them. But be honest now: Have you ever wondered what possessed you to sign up for the job of motherhood?

STOP! DO NOT OPEN THIS BOOK UNTIL YOU RECITE THESE VOWS!

I shall remember that no mother is perfect and my children will thrive because, and sometimes even in spite, of me.

I shall not preach to a fellow mother who has not asked my opinion. Its none of my damn business.

I shall maintain a sense of humor about all things motherhood."


My Review: I have been an avid follower of the Scary Mommy blog for some time now and am always looking for some kind of comedic relief to mommyhood, because lets face it, sometimes your choices boil down to laughing like a lunatic or having a complete breakdown. I was expecting to laugh my butt off with this book and while there were several very funny lines, it didn't keep the humor going as much as I expected. Of course the Mommy Confessions at each chapter were comical and totally relatable. It was a fun and at times funny book but just not to the extent that I was expecting.
  
 
My Rating: This was a funny book just not as much as I had expected after reading posts on the blog.  It was still fun though and did get me laughing at times just not the
whole time like expected.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment