Thursday, August 7, 2014

After Dark Review of Surrounded by Secrets by Mandy Harbin

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Lillian Caldwell has eyes on the hottie with the body, Jack Woods, one of the men who bought her family land and now new boss. She has big plans for Jack, including the getting-him-horizontal variety, and she always gets what she wants.

Jack is the family hard ass who’s trying to make amends. His plans of digging into the family secret he discovered are thwarted when he’s forced to work with Lillian, his gorgeous, pain-in-the-ass neighbor.

But a night of passion will unlock the secrets surrounding them and change both their lives forever."


My Review: Poor Jack just can't keep himself out of trouble. I never really liked him in the previous books but I have definitely come to appreciate him in this one. Lillian however I fell instantly in love with, I love her style, I love her spunk, I love her comebacks (especially the one featuring Sylvester, I really did spit my drink out that time), I could really go on and on. Not only did I love the characters but the plotline really developed fully in this book and it was a great conclusion to the series (that is if it the last book, one never knows these days).
 
 
My Rating: Might have been one of the best in the series.  I really enjoyed this one, it definitely earns a Four Paw rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment