Monday, April 28, 2014

What's for Dinner this Week (4)

What's for Dinner This Week is a little insight into my life for you every Monday night. I carefully plan out meals for the week ahead of time and do my shopping over the weekend.  So I wanted to start sharing with you one of the recipes or dinners I am most looking forward to each week.
 
 
 
So this week I will be making a dish of my own that was inspired by something off the menu at Macaroni Grill.  There was this dish that they had with bowtie pasta, chicken, sundried tomatoes all in a cream sauce that I loved! Sadly our Macaroni Grill shut down years ago and I was forced to improvise. I have created my own recipe, though it is still being altered slightly from time to time.
 
 
 
So I used cooked chicken breast, I usually just make it in a skillet, but it is always better if you can grill it. Cut that into bite sized pieces.
I sauté mushrooms and a shallot in some olive oil (if you have flavored stuff that is great, I have a delicious Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil)
When the mushrooms are almost done I add the chicken and chopped sundried tomatoes.
Once everything is warmed to the same temp and absorbing flavors from each other I pour on a jar & a half of Alfredo sauce (I need to learn to make my own creamy sauce).
Once that is all heated through I serve it over cooked Gnocchi. If you happen to have some tasty ciabatta or focaccia bread to go with it, even better. And of course a nice glass of white wine too!
 
 
 
So that is one of my dinners for the week. I will try to get a picture for you all when I cook it. Have you ever recreated a dish from your favorite restaurant? What is on your table for dinner this week?

2 comments:

  1. I know what dish from Macaroni Grill you're taking about. I like that dish except the sundried tomatoes. Never been a fan of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that dish, and boy do I miss their bread! Hubby isn't such a big fan of the sundried tomatoes either so I have to put in less than I would like to but eh the sacrifices we make for love.

      Delete