Thursday, March 13, 2014

After Dark Review of Bound to Seduction by Elisabeth Naughton

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Careful what you wish for…

Sentenced as a pleasure slave, Djinn Prince Tariq of the Marid tribe has but one duty: travel into the human realm and corrupt souls by granting wishes to the women who possess the Firebrand opal, a gemstone of magical power. Ten years of imprisonment have left Tariq bitter, but to save his brothers’ lives, he’ll submit to his endless personal hell, even if it means giving up his own hope for freedom.

When Mira Dawson obtains the Firebrand opal, she’s sure the rumors about its magical qualities must be fiction. Until, that is, she touches the stone and a dark and dangerous warrior appears in her living room, offering to pleasure her beyond her wildest dreams. Soon, fantasy becomes a temptation she can’t deny. The only question left is…will the pleasure be worth the price? Because as Mira’s been warned, nothing…not even fantasies…are free."


My Review: I wasn't quiet sure what to expect from this book or the series really as I am not familiar with Djinn legends and myths. It took me a little while to understand what was going on but as Mira did her research I got to learn along with her. I liked the dynamic between the characters and it was a pleasant change from the usual male dominated scenes I read so often to have the female a little more in charge. I thought the conclusion of this book was clever and it makes me want to continue reading the series to see where it leads and how things turn out for Mira and Tariq.
 
My Rating: This was an interesting one, and after having stepped away from PNR & Fantasy Romance for a while it was fun to get back into it. This was a quick read, the pages just kept turning and I look forward to continuing the series. I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment