Saturday, February 1, 2014

Graphic Novel Review of Janes in Love by Cecil Castellucci

 
Synopsis: "The second volume of the critically acclaimed series finds a group of high school girls each named Jane, who are anything but ordinary, playing cupid. Plus P.L.A.I.N. (People Loving Art In Neighborhoods) goes global once the girl gang procures a spot in Metro City Museum of Modern Art contest."

My Review: I love this series and the message within it, and this second volume definitely kept up to par with the first. I really enjoy the difference between the Janes and how even with that difference they are brought together with the common goal of PLAIN. I like the classic feel of the black and white illustrations and the multiple levels the story is told on (both Jane's narration, the letters and the conversations in the frames. I really hope that Cecil comes out with more of the Janes, but it is looking like this series is at an end.
 
My Rating: I thoroughly enjoy this series and the characters in this graphic novel. It has a great message to look for the beauty in all things. I give it a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment