Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Review of Southern Attraction by Tracy Kauffman

Synopsis: "Southern Attraction is a young adult romance book about a girl who loses her parents and is forced to live with a redneck uncle from Alabama. There she has to choose between two young men that she likes. Will she choose true love or a lifestyle that she is accustomed to.

Heather has everything she ever wanted; money, clothes, friends, popularity and parents that adored her. Until one terrible day, she loses it all. She is uprooted from a place she loves to a small town in Alabama with a uncle she doesn’t know. The small town of Huckleburg was nothing like Manhattan. Country rednecks owned the town and no one accepted Yankees from New York. Heather didn’t think things could get worse until a tornado comes and blast through the small town. Heather has to lose herself to rediscover what life is all about. She meets two guys that she can’t decide between who she really wants. Join Heather as she discovers that there is more to life than money and fame. Will Heather ever fit in and find true love or will she stay an outsider living in the south."


My Review: I think the author had very good intentions with this story but there was just a real disconnect with the characters. I just could not connect with them on an emotional level. Heather especially seemed like two different people, I understand she is a young character who is growing as a person and experiencing several traumatic events but her personality was too all over the place for me. I did like seeing the town really come together after the tornado, it is a true small town mentality. It has a great message but I would have preferred to be led into the emotions and how the characters were feeling as opposed to being straight out told what they felt.
 
My Rating: While I thought the concept of the story was great, it just wasn't quite up to par for me.  I give it a rating of Two Paws.
 
 
Southern Attraction was sent to me by the author for an honest review.
 
To find out more about Tracy Kauffman and her work please visit her Website, BlogSpot, Wordpress, Facebook or Goodreads Page.
 
You can also obtain your own copy of Southern Attraction in digital or print formats on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment