Monday, November 4, 2013

Mount TBR 2014 Signup

 
I participated in this challenge a few years ago and it helped clear out some of my TBR books.  However that pile is accumulating at an alarming rate yet again.
 
 
Here are the rules (as posted on My Reader's Block)
*Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. If you find that you're on a mountain-climbing roll and want to tackle a taller mountain, then you are certainly welcome to upgrade.  All books counted for lower mountains may carry over towards the new peak.

*Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2014.

*You may sign up anytime from now until November 30th, 2014.

*Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2014. No ARCs (none), no library books. No rereads. [To clarify--based on a question raised last year--the intention is to reduce the stack of books that you have bought for yourself or received as presents {birthday, Christmas, "just because," etc.}. Audiobooks and E-books may count if they are yours and they are one of your primary sources of backlogged books.]
*You may count any "currently reading" book that you begin prior to January 1--provided that you had 50% or more of the book left to finish in 2014.  I will trust you all on that.

*Books may be used to count for other challenges as well.

*Feel free to submit your list in advance (as incentive to really get those books taken care of) or to tally them as you climb.


*There will be quarterly check-ins and prize drawings!


*A blog and reviews are not necessary to participate. If you have a blog, then please post a challenge sign up and link THAT post (not your home page) into the linky below. Non-bloggers, please leave a comment declaring your challenge level--OR, if you are a member of Goodreads, I will once again put together a group for the challenge there. Feel free to sign up HERE.  And, finally, I will once again have a sidebar link for Progress Reports-->  ***Coming Soon: Reviews may  be posted at links found at Review Headquarters (click link).


More importantly here are the Levels:
Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/sMount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR piles/s
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s

Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s
 
 
 
 
I am going to be signing up for the Mt. Kilimanjaro level, I think I will be able to read more than that but I have a tendency to get distracted by new shiny books ;)
 
Some of the books I plan to read include
 
Books 1-7 of the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (if I get them for Christmas. And believe it or not I have not read a single one of these!)
Books 3 & 4 of the Outcast Series by Rachel Caine
 
 
Some are print, some are kindle, some are nook and some are audio, I have a major backlog in all book forms LOL! So care to join me and clear out some of those TBR shelves?!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Back! Good luck clearing those stacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to get them clear so I can go shopping again LOL!

      Delete