Thursday, October 17, 2013

After Dark Review of Survive My Fire by Joely Sue Burkhart

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)

 
 
Synopsis: "Chanda, cursed to dragon form for her sins by She Who Hung the Moon, and Jalan, the Krait warrior who is her perfect match, must win an impossible battle. Jalan must love her...and then kill her. She must love him...and die."

My Review: I enjoyed this story, it was short but still a fully developed story. I really like how Burkhart managed to keep the personalities so separate from dragon form to human form. You could really feel the difficulty the Krait people are facing and the desperation Jalan must be in to face Chanda. Lovely story with an emotional rollercoaster conclusion!
 
My Rating: While this was a quick novella it was wonderfully developed and you weren't left wanting.  I give this one a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment