Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Review of Moonlit by Jadie Jones

 
Synopsis: "Eighteen-year-old Tanzy Hightower knows horses, has grown up with them on Wildwood Farm. She also knows not to venture beyond the trees that line the pasture. Things happen out there that cannot be explained. Or undone. Worse, no one but she and the horses can see what lurks in the shadows of the woods.

When a moonlit ride turns into a terrifying chase, Tanzy is left to question everything, from the freak accident that killed her father to the very blood in her veins. Broken and confused, she turns to Lucas, a scarred, beautiful stranger, and to Vanessa, a charming new friend who has everything Tanzy doesn’t.

But why do they seem to know more about her than she knows herself?"


My Review: I am a little torn with this book. I was really looking forward to a good horse focused book but was slightly disappointed. Horses did play a part and when they were front and center it was fantastic but those parts were not as often as I was expected. This story took a turn into the obscure and turned more paranormal than I was expecting. I think there were a lot of unique and interesting concepts but they got so jumbled and mushed into this book. I can appreciate the uniqueness of the story but so much of it was written from the outside looking in, almost like watching someone else watch a movie. I didn't really get attached to any of the characters either, most of the time I wanted to smack Tanzy (like you would a bimbo in a horror flick). So yeah, I just couldn't get into this one. Oh and this is the first in a series and it has an open ending.
 
My Rating: Like I said, I am having a hard time with this book, I think it has some really unique ideas and that if I had been in the mood for such a paranormal book that I would give it a better rating. That said I wasn't in the mood for it and the synopsis didn't let you know too much to make that decision so I have to give it a rating of One Paw and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment