Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Review of Hope on a Paige by Jeff Dvorak

 
Synopsis: "This is the first short story in a planned collection of 8-12 short stories centering around the Dead Letter Office.

Paige Andrews has led a life that got off track a long time ago, to the point that she doesn't know how she got there and is unsure how to get out. In the meantime, once a week, she allows herself a fantasy and writes a letter to her fake husband who is away on business.

She mails them to a fake address and doesn't give them another thought, until she receives a response.

A tale of loss, understanding and redemption, Hope on a Paige is a 6500 word short story that will catch you by surprise."


My Review: Wow! I loved this story! The idea of the dead letter office really interests me as a person who loves to write letters and the thought of getting a response to a letter by surprise kind of appeals to me. I fell in love with the characters, though their struggles didn't stand out to me all that much, the hope that they both felt was great. Not to mention how the story flows, it has a lovely rhythm that draws you and just lets emotion flow. A beautifully written short story romance that leaves you with so much potential for the characters.
 
My Rating: I really enjoyed everything about this story. It was short enough to read in a sitting and you felt so much.  I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment