Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Review of Death by Jade Varden

 
Here are my reviews of Book 1: Justice and Book 2: Tower
 
Synopsis: "All In

I never wanted to get in this deep, but I did go looking for the truth before I was prepared to handle it. But how do you close the lid on Pandora’s box? You can’t unlearn something, or forget a dark secret once it’s been revealed.

I have no choice but to do my part to bury the truth again -- this time, someplace no one will ever be able to find it. But that’s the problem with lies. Once you start pulling threads, everything unravels.

No one is who they seem to be...not even me."


My Review: I don't know how Jade Varden keeps these twists and surprises coming! I totally did not see Seraphina coming (and you will have to read for yourself to find out who or what that is). I really like how Rain remains true to character, she doesn't suddenly become grown up or to understand everything, taking it easy. She is truly naïve and thinks that even when she catches someone in a lie that they will still do the right thing when she confronts them. I am actually happy with where she ended up at the conclusion of this book, I think it is the best place for her at the time, but I really can't wait to see what is going to happen in Judgment!! Will all the lies be revealed or will they all be swept under the rug like usual?
 
My Rating: This is definitely another solid Four Paw book for me! Some of the characters did get on my nerves (Sawyer) but they are consistently true to character. This is definitely a series that is difficult to put down, you just can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment